Monday, March 18, 2024

Review of Modern Sourdough: Sweet and Savoury Recipes from Margot Bakery Michelle Eshkeri

 





In 
Tahini and Rye, Michelle Eksheri shows you how to make mouth-watering treats from the basics (bagels, sourdough starter and bread), through to classics with a twist (challah bread and butter pudding, babka, rhubarb and custard danish, pistachio and flower shortbread). The secrets to the seemingly complex are broken down in an easy step-by-step guide so that the perfect sourdough loaf will no longer be a mystery, opening up a world for the sourdough starter to hot cross buns, croissants and so much more. The provenance of ingredients is highly valued, creating seasonal twists such as wild garlic buns and flavor-forward bakes like rye brownies. 

With over 100 recipes covering bread, biscuits, buns and cakes, desserts, savoury baking and store cupboard essentials, Tahini and Rye is full of recipes you'll want to make again and again.







Holy smokes this book is not only drool-worthy it will make a great sourdough baker a great companion book.

I’ve been baking most of my life and at fifty I have collected hundreds of cookbooks and baking books, but there is only a handful I use every week and I could see myself using this one all the time. I love sourdough and have been using the King Arthur Flour method for many years and have been happy with it. Still, I am limited with recipes I can use my sourdough in so before I know it the sourdough is gone and I have to make it again. Hence, I need to broaden my horizon and have more recipes I can use sourdough in and this book would most definitely do that for me.

Not only does this book offer chapter after chapter of recipes for your sourdough, but it also offers specialties recipes for things such as cookies, cakes, and muffins and there is also jam and spreads.



Each recipe offers step-by-step instructions and wonderful images.





1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

This is an award free blog. Thank you for all of your comments.