Tuesday, July 10, 2018

About me



Hello everyone!


Welcome to my corner, where you’ll find a fusion of a few of my passions, animals, reading, baking, gardening, and jewelry brought together in one corner.


Growing up surrounded by all kinds of animals they have become such a huge part of my daily life. Out of my 49 years, I have never been without an animal around me. Currently, my life is taken over by one Schnauzer and 6 cats, of which 5 are rescues and one sassy Maine Coon named Sookie from one of my favorite book characters.

Over 10 years ago I went on a romance reading kick and created a blog named, Bitten by Paranormal Romance, which changed to, Bitten by Romance and is now Laurie's Cozy Corner. I have not given up reading romance, but I have gone back to reading cozy mysteries alongside romance. At one time there were several reviewers on the blog but they all have busy lives and it's just me left so I wanted to change it and create a blog just for me and my life. 

With the creation of social media, I found so many animals needing homes, so I try to help when I can with local rescues and trapping feral cats in my city to get them fixed. My husband is very supportive because he too has always been a cat lover. I have one rescue named Roxie, which came from a high-kill shelter, she will have a special spot right here on the blog to help you realize how bad the needs of animals are. All of the other animals too will have a special spotlight right here on the blog.

Whatever your passion is animals, reading, baking, or gardening I hope you will find something here that will help you along your way. 

Here are some details about my clower clan and our crazy schnauzer. 

Roxie came from a high-kill shelter in GA and yes, my husband drove over 8 hours to get her and bring her back to middle TN. 

















Pandora was rescued after her mother got killed on the road. We took the whole family in thinking we would re-home them all since we had 3 cats already but Pandora and her brother captured our hearts and they stayed. 

















Wolverine is Pandora's brother he has a special mark on his belly that looks like a heart. 






















Sookie our Maine Coon and yes, she is named after Sookie Stackhouse. LOL 





















Trubel (AKA Booboo) . We found her on the side of a busy road near starvation. We decided to name and keep her. 












 

Mitten was found at one of the feral colonies. She is a polydactyl cat with horn toes
















Spuds our Schnauzer was rescued from an abusive neighbor. Sadly Spuds passed away in 2021. 
 















Daisy is our new sable Border Collie

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free blog. Thank you for all of your comments.