Sunday, December 31, 2023

Feline cystomatosis cysts or Cat Blueberry Ears

I'm making this public to help more cats suffering from blueberry ears or Feline cystomatosis cysts.

If you google Feline cystomatosis cysts you will see images of a cat's ear full of little or large blueberry cysts on the inside and outside of the ear. This isn't fun for the cat, they itch like crazy and the cysts bust open constantly. Sookie was scratching so badly that her ear would bleed. 😭😭

I posted in several cat groups to see if I could find help but no one commented so I figured it was really rare but it's not, hundreds of cats suffer from this.

I took to Google about every other week to see if I could find her help. I found that carbon laser surgery would take them off, so I had to find a vet who offered the service. I called all over Nashville and nothing.

Several months later I Google again and a vet in Franklin came up. I called and sure enough, they offered the co2 surgery, but after the vet examined Sookie she didn't have to have the surgery. The vet gave us some meds to put in her ears, two rounds, one that day and the other in three weeks. When I took Sookie back to my regular vet after 4 weeks he was amazed, her ears only had a few blueberries left and after several months the others hadn't come back. She isn't suffering from her ears itching anymore either.

If your cat is suffering from this don't give up keep Googling you could get lucky like I did. If you live close to Nashville please make an appointment with the link below.

In the images below you can look closely at Sookie's ears and see where the cysts were in the second image, and in the third image, you can see one cyst still left. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free blog. Thank you for all of your comments.