Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Book review of Nature Tonic: A Year in My Mindful Life by Jocelyn de Kwant



Title: Nature Tonic: A Year in My Mindful Life 
Author: Jocelyn de Kwant
Source: Netgalley
Genre: Craft, hobbies, nature and outdoors
Rating: 5


Nature Tonic is a beautiful mindful workbook to cherish. It encourages us to connect with nature and grow our own meditative awareness every day. Exploring meaningful ways we can all experience and appreciate the natural world, this precious guide helps us to notice and note nature’s enchanting wonders focus on the seasons, and experience simply being in nature. 

Author Jocelyn de Kwant invites us all to embrace the earthy roots of a beginners’ mind with a daily dose of ecotherapy to soothe our souls. Practical prompts entwine with lengthier meditative notes on the joy of journaling sensory nature, the zen of forest bathing, the simple pleasures of botanical drawing, and ways to reconnect our souls with the soil. This lovingly-illustrated workbook is a timely reminder of the ways in which natural connection can enlighten and enrich our lives. 





Years ago, I would have never picked this book up, not that I hate nature, it’s just life gets in the way of simple natures pleasers, but as I am seeing more of my town taken over by large developers and businesses I am seeing my nature being destroyed and that makes me want to be out there more before it’s all gone and Nature Tonic: A Year in My Mindful Life would help anyone out there today at any age to get out and explore before it’s all gone.

I would highly recommend this book for anyone who wants to have some nature time with their kids during the summer this workbook would provide a full summer of fun and learning. I know this is a yearlong workbook, but sometimes we just don’t have everyday time to spend when you work 2 or 3 jobs, so one summer would be great to get some nature in.

I would also recommend this book for us older people who use to spend their days outside having fun exploring nature with their dog, as I did when I was a kid. This book will bring back fun memories and will also provide you with a newfound love of what you’ve lost and hopefully make you fight for what we have left.

A year in My Mindful Life is a workbook, I recommend those who are not a creative artist to grab the paperback copy, those that have artist talent, I would recommend the Kindle edition so you could use this workbook and create your own Nature Tonic journal.




1 comment:

  1. I don't like seeing so much nature destroyed either. This sounds like a good book.

    ReplyDelete

This is an award free blog. Thank you for all of your comments.