Sunday, May 7, 2023

Bluebird nest spring 2023

My resident bluebirds were busy early this year. 



   They had their nest built mid-March and I would check every other day or so for eggs and to make sure no house sparrows around them or the nesting box. On the 6th of April, I went to peak in the nesting box and found 5 eggs! Two up from last year's 3. 

If you've never had the opportunity to host bluebirds, they are amazing parents and a joy to have in your yard. Just be warned if, you have house sparrows around, they will kill them, I almost lost the mom last year and learned quick they don't get along. 




I would check every few days to see if any of the eggs had hatched and it wasn't long until I noticed babies on the 15th of April. 


Once they hatched it doesn't take very long before they are ready to fly the nest. On April, 29th I took the picture above and on May 4th the last one left the nest. I hope these babies will make it and make many more native Bluebirds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an award free blog. Thank you for all of your comments.